About This Course
This course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform in the following areas*:
- Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
- Fractionated laser treatments to rejuvenate sun damaged skin, wrinkled skin, acne scarring and stretch mark reduction
- Light based therapies (Intense Pulse Light) to remove the effects of photo-ageing or dermatoheliosis
- Non-invasive superficial skin lesion removal
- Cosmetic and tattoo removal treatments using Q-switched laser to fragment the pigment so it is absorbed by the body’s immune system
- Photo rejuvenation of surface skin to treat pigmentation and vascular lesions
- Dermal skin needling to reduce scars, fade stretch marks, reduce wrinkles and tighten sagging skin
- The application of various enzyme and chemical peels to improve and smooth the texture of the skin
- Skin tightening and body contouring using different modalities such as RF, HIFU, Cryolipolysis and Ultrasound
- Provide IPL & Laser Hair reduction treatments using laser safety protocols and licences
* Not all of the above treatment areas are covered in a single stream. Further selection of Elective Units can be done as Extra Electives.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionizing radiation treatments using laser technologies, and dermal therapies and to be able to apply these skills within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Who’s This Course For?
You must be a Beauty Therapist or Medical Professional. To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Cosmetic Lasers and Dermal Therapies individuals will need to meet the following entry requirements:
- Healthcare Professionals including Doctors, Dentists and Nurses
- Practising Beauty Therapists with a minimum of 2 years experience; and
- Diploma of Beauty or relevant higher qualification from the Health Training package
- Undergraduate students in Health Science
This units of the course are required to be able to proceed in any electives of the desired Course Stream.
- HLTINF005 Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
- NAT11131006 Perform Enzyme and Chemical Peels in a Clinical Setting
- SHBBSKT003 Identify and Control Safety Risks for Light-Based Skin Treatments
- NAT11131007 Apply Skin Tightening and Body Contouring with HIFU and Other Techniques
- NAT11131001 Provide Dermal Needling to Treat Skin Irregularities
- SHBBSKT009 Provide Light Emitting Diode Skin Treatments
6 Elective Units to choose from
Choose any 3 elective units.
- SHBBHRS007 Provide Laser Hair Reduction Treatments (Prerequisite required *)
- SHBBHRS005 Identify and Control Safety Risks for Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction Treatments (Prerequisite to SHBBHRS007)
- NAT11131002 Conduct Non-Invasive Superficial Skin Lesion Removal
- NAT11131003 Provide Cosmetic and Tattoo Removal Treatments with Q-Switched Laser
- NAT11131004 Perform Cosmetic Light-Based Therapies for Pigmentation and Vascular Irregularities
- NAT11131005 Perform Laser Skin Rejuvenation or Resurfacing with Fractional Laser or Radio Frequency
Online Learning Portal, Paperback Learner Guide
Enrolments Are Open, Start Today
How Do I Enrol?
Enrolment is a simple 3 step process to get you started in your desired learning as quickly as possible.
- Go to the Get Started Today area and select your desired course direction or payment option.
- Add to Cart and process your order through the Checkout page.
- Complete the New Student Enrolment Form to gain access to the course.