About This Course
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use pre-set systems using crystals and vacuum suction to exfoliate the skin of the face or body.
It requires the ability to establish priorities with the client and synthesise knowledge of skin science and effects of treatment on skin structure, and to design and provide a safe and effective treatment. Microdermabrasion treatment can be an individual service or form part of a series of services.
This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty salons, cosmetic clinics or cosmetic medispas. In this environment they work in a team but exercise judgment in selecting and providing an appropriate treatment.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Establish client priorities
- Design microdermabrasion treatment
- Prepare for a microdermabrasion treatment
- Perform a patch test
- Provide micro-dermabrasion for various skin conditions
- Review treatment and provide post treatment advice
- Clean treatment area
Who’s This Course For?
This course is suited to Beauty Therapists and Business Owners with the prerequisite of HLTINF005.
How Do I Enrol?
Enrolment is a simple 3 step process to get you started in your desired learning as quickly as possible.
- Go to the Get Started Today area and select your desired course direction or payment option.
- Add to Cart and process your order through the Checkout page.
- Complete the New Student Enrolment Form to gain access to the course.