Online Learning Portal, Paperback Learner Guide
Enrolments Are Open, Start Today
About This Course
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify, eliminate or control health and safety risks and hazards associated with the use of intense pulsed light and laser for hair reduction. It requires the ability to assess risks and hazards, and determine suitable action to eliminate or control safety risks.
This unit applies to individuals working in a diverse range of beauty industry sectors and business contexts where intense pulsed light and laser equipment is used to provide hair reduction treatments. It applies to practitioners operating independently, under limited supervision of others and within established organisational policies and procedures. It may also apply to non-practitioners such as business owners, franchise owners and front desk staff.
The unit reflects the safety guidelines, for a broad range of clinic intense pulsed light and laser dermal applications, expressed in the following Australian and New Zealand safety standards, current at the time of publication:
- AS/NZS 4173:2018 Safe use of lasers and intense light sources in health care
- AS/NZS IEC 60825.1:2014 Safety of laser products – Part 1: Equipment classification and requirements
- AS/NZS 1336:2014 Eye and face protection – Guidelines.
The use of intense pulsed light and laser is subject to legislation, regulation and licensing in some Australian states and territories.
Certificate provided for Laser Safety Officer, used in QLD & WA for Radiation Health Licence applications.
Trained in the use of IPL & Laser Devices.
Who’s This Course For?
You must be a Beauty Therapist or Medical Professional. This course is suited to:
- Beauty Therapists
- Doctors or Nurses
How Do I Enrol?
Enrolment is a simple 3 step process to get you started in your desired learning as quickly as possible.
- Go to the Get Started Today area and select your desired course direction or payment option.
- Add to Cart and process your order through the Checkout page.
- Complete the New Student Enrolment Form to gain access to the course.