Laser Safety Officers Course ED156
About This Laser Safety Officers Course
Covering the areas of Hair Removal, Minor Vascular Lesions, Pigmentary Lesions, Tattoo Removal, Skin Resurfacing and Wrinkle Removal with the use of various lasers. There are 2 parts to the course available according to what the needs of the laser operator are.
Government Accredited Course. Compulsory for all laser operators in Queensland and some other states. Available as Online Module and Paperback content delivery.
You will be given course notes, manual, demonstrations and a Government certification as a Laser Safety Officer (upon successful passing of exam in LSO Part 1)
Steps required to progress to obtaining a Use Licence in your area of interest (i.e. Laser Tattoo Removal Operator).
- Australian Health Regulatory Requirements
- Scope and General Information
- Laser and its Properties
- Laser Delivery Systems
- Biological Effects
- Laser interactions with Tissue
- Organs at risk
- LSO’s responsibilities
- Acceptance, Quality Assurance Testing & Preventative Maintenance
- Safe Practices
Part 1 – LSO Course
Course Approval Code: #ED156 | Standard LSO Course
- This course covers the theory on laser radiation and safety practices,
- The use of laser for Hair Removal only and
- The steps for preparing your Radiation Safety & Protection Plan (RSPP) which is required by all owners of laser apparatus’.
- The steps on how to apply to Queensland Radiation for a Use Licence will also be covered.
Part 2 – LSO Course Extension
Course Approval Code: #ED157 | Extension Course | Prerequisite Course: Part 1 LSO Course
- This is an extension of the Part 1 course where video or practical demonstration will be given,
- The course covers the use of Laser apparatus to do Tattoo Removal, Vascular, Skin Rejuvenation, Collagen Stimulation, Pigmented Lesion treatments and/or Non-Invasive Fractional Laser Resurfacing.
Who’s This Course For?
This course is suited to Beauty Therapists or Business Owners, Laser Operators, Cosmetic Tattoo Operators.
Any owners who wish to possess any laser apparatus for Cosmetic purposes on their premises. Any operators who wish to use a laser apparatus for Cosmetic treatment in the areas described above.
Online Learner Portal
8 Hours Required
Enrolments Are Open, Start Today
How Do I Enrol?
Enrolment is a simple 3 step process to get you started in your desired learning as quickly as possible.
- Go to the Get Started Today area and select your desired course direction or payment option.
- Add to Cart and process your order through the Checkout page.
- Complete the New Student Enrolment Form to gain access to the course.
For any questions you can use the Course Enquiry form or call and talk with one of our friendly Course Advisors on 1800 628 999.
- View Training.gov Information
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Certification on Completion
Get Started Today