About This Course
The course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform the following:
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound HIFU for Face & Body
- Cryolipolysis for Fat Reduction
- Ultrasound Cavitation or
- Radio Frequency Skin Tightening for Body Contouring
- Understand the mechanism of action for skin tightening and body contouring modalities.
- Understand the consultation process for appropriate Skin Tightening & Body Contouring Techniques
- Understand skin tightening and body contouring therapy contraindications and adverse reactions
- Be able to prepare clients and apply skin tightening and body contouring therapy protocols
- Be able to advise clients on post treatment self-care, nutrition, diet and exercise for continued results
- Be able to apply infection control measures
On successful completion of the unit CLDSTC807 Apply Skin tightening and Body Contouring Techniques and its prerequisite units, students will receive credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Cosmetic Lasers and Dermal Therapies, or Statement of Attainment for this Unit.
Who's This Course For?
You must be a Beauty Therapist, Nurse or Healthcare Professional. This course is suited to:
- Beauty Therapists with a minimum 2 years experience
- Doctors, Nurses or Healthcare Professionals
|Intake Dates||Enrolments are ongoing > Enrol Now!|
|Course Duration||12 Weeks|
|Course Delivery|| Self-paced learning via Paperback Learner Guide or Online Learning Portal|
Practical Hands-on Application by Appointment Scheduled
|Course Relation||Stand Alone Course Unit & Core Unit | 10693NAT|
|Course Fees||Online Portal: $3,250 | Paperback Learner Guide: $3,250|
*Additional costs may be incurred for hiring of equipment to do practical hours (done in workplace setting)
Have A Question?
Take the next step in advancing your career...
quick simple & innovative learning. Finance payment plans available*
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Is this course approved by city councils for covering operators for micro-needling treatments?
A Yes, this course meets the requirements of local city councils health and safety approvals requiring any operators offering skin penetration treatments to have knowledge and practise in infection prevention.
Q Can I complete this course remotely as I cannot easily travel to the posted assessment locations?
A Yes, we can still make arrangements to meet your needs. Please call 1800 628 999 to speak with us to confirm appropriate standards are met.
Q Will I still have support if I have questions and need help in other areas of the course?
A Yes, we have support personal available to help answer your questions even if you select the online delivery methods.