About This Course
The course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform the following:
- Treatment of pigmentation and vascular lesions with the use of Q-Switched Laser
- Understand the science behind the use of Q-Switched and long pulse lasers and their ability to remove pigments and vascular lesions
- Understand the consultation process
- Understand laser therapy contraindications and adverse reactions
- Be able to prepare clients and apply pigmentation and vascular removal protocols
- Be able to advise clients on post treatment self-care
- Be able to apply infection control measures
- Provide safe and effective light based therapies for pigment and vascular irregularities.
On successful completion of the unit CLDPVI804 Perform Cosmetic Light Based Therapies for Pigmentation and Vascular Irregularities and its prerequisite units, students will receive credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Cosmetic Lasers and Dermal Therapies, or Statement of Attainment for this Unit.
Who's This Course For?
You must be a Beauty Therapist, Nurse or Healthcare Professional. This course is suited to:
- Beauty Therapists with a minimum 2 years experience
- Doctors, Nurses or Healthcare Professionals
|Intake Dates||Enrolments are ongoing > Enrol Now!|
|Course Duration||12 Weeks|
Self-paced learning via Paperback Learner Guide or Online Learning Portal
Practical Hands-on Application by Appointment Scheduled
|Course Relation||Stand Alone Course Unit & Core Unit | 10693NAT|
|Course Fees||Online Portal: $3,250 | Paperback Learner Guide: $3,250|
Have A Question?
Take the next step in advancing your career...
quick simple & innovative learning. Finance payment plans available*
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Is this course approved by city councils for covering operators for micro-needling treatments?
A Yes, this course meets the requirements of local city councils health and safety approvals requiring any operators offering skin penetration treatments to have knowledge and practise in infection prevention.
Q Can I complete this course remotely as I cannot easily travel to the posted assessment locations?
A Yes, we can still make arrangements to meet your needs. Please call 1800 628 999 to speak with us to confirm appropriate standards are met.
Q Will I still have support if I have questions and need help in other areas of the course?
A Yes, we have support personal available to help answer your questions even if you select the online delivery methods.