About This Course
The course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform the following:
- Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
- Fractionated laser treatments to rejuvenate sun damaged skin, wrinkled skin, acne scarring and stretch mark reduction
- Light based therapies (Intense Pulse Light) to remove the effects of photo-ageing or dermatoheliosis
- Non-invasive superficial skin lesion removal
- Cosmetic and tattoo removal treatments using Q-switched laser to fragment the pigment so it is absorbed by the body’s immune system
- Photo rejuvenation of surface skin to treat pigmentation and vascular lesions
- Dermal skin needling to reduce scars, fade stretch marks, reduce wrinkles and tighten sagging skin
- The application of various enzyme and chemical peels to improve and smooth the texture of the skin
- Skin tightening and body contouring using different modalities such as RF, HIFU, Cryolipolysis and Ultrasound
- Provide IPL & Laser Hair reduction treatments using laser safety protocols and licences
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionizing radiation treatments using laser technologies, and dermal therapies and to be able to apply these skills within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Who's This Course For?
You must be a Beauty Therapist or Medical Professional. To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Cosmetic Lasers and Dermal Therapies individuals will need to meet the following entry requirements:
- Beauty Therapists with a minimum 2 years experience, Doctors or Nurses
- Minimum of two years experience as a practising beauty therapist; and
- Diploma of Beauty or Diploma or higher qualification from the Health Training package; or
- Undergraduate degree in health science
|Intake Dates||Enrolments are ongoing > Enrol Now!|
|Course Duration||6-12 Months|
Self-paced learning via Paperback Learner Guide or Online Learning Portal
Practical Hands-on Application by Appointment Scheduled
|Course Relation||Stand Alone Course with 4 Core Units | HLTINF005 | SHB60118|
|Core Units||HLTINF005 | CLDECP806 | SHBBHRS005 | CLDSTC807|
|Course Fees||Online Portal: $17,600 | Paperback Learner Guide: $17,600|
|Finance Available||Submit Application through Study Loans > View Here|
Have A Question?
Take the next step in advancing your career...
quick simple & innovative learning. Finance payment plans available*